Peer Support Specialists
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is looking for caring, compassionate and motivated people to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
We are recruiting for Peer Support Specialists for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Services - Peer Support Program in the following locations:
- Lewistown (Mifflin County)
- Sunbury (Northumberland County)
A Peer Support Specialist is a person who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals in a mental health treatment program in the individual's recovery process.
SCHEDULES: Part-Time (Hours determined by needs of individuals and program)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
- Supports and assists individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
- Identifies individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets by assisting them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
- Documents program information and other contacts.
- Serves as an advocate for support of individuals.
- Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
- Participates in meetings and provides relevant information as directed.
- Utilizes community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
- Assists individuals in articulating self- directed goals for recovery, helping to monitor progress in services, modeling effective coping techniques and self -help strategies based on recovery experience.
- Transports individuals in personal and/or company vehicle for community outings or scheduled appointments.
To be considered you must meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Maintained within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one year post secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
- Be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving state priority group services as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness; Adult Priority Group.
- Completed and passed a Peer specialist certification training program, including written examination, which is offered in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Department.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
- WRAP Component preferred but not mandatory
If you meet the qualifications and want to Join our Team, visit CSG’s Career Site at www.csg.jobs. Search by county for the location that interest you.
Community Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.