Health Insurance Marketplace Navigator
Do you need health insurance?
Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers' Association has certified navigators to help you navigate the new Health Insurance Marketplace and find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. By using the Marketplace, you can see and compare all your options in one place and enroll for health insurance.
We also help people apply for Medicaid HealthChoices, which can be done any time of the year.
Our "door" is open year round and we are available to help you at no fee to you.
Apply and Enroll
Visit HealthCare.gov and complete an application to see the coverage available in your area. You can also call the Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center directly at 1-800-318-2596 for more information. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325.
Get help with your application to Health Insurance Marketplace or Pennsylvania Medicaid/HealthChoices from our Navigators. Call 1-855-274-5626. If you work on the application and have questions, we will help
Learn about the taxes you will owe if you do not have health insurance.
Need help with getting insurance through the Marketplace?
Call us, the Navigators, at 1-855-274-5626 (toll free) from anywhere in Pennsylvania to make an appointment or to speak with a Navigator. We are here to help at no fee to you.
Next Open Enrollment
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment begins
- January 1, 2017: First date 2017 coverage can start
- January 31, 2017: 2017 Open Enrollment ends
If you do not have a health insurance plan for 2016, you can only enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Children’s’ Health Insurance Plans (CHIP)
Governor Tom Wolf announced that all Children’s Health Insurance Programs have been brought up to date with the Affordable Care Act. Learn more...
LGBT Americans and the Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act is greatly improving access to health coverage for LGBT Americans. Studies have shown that health disparities related to sexual orientation and gender identity are due in part to lower rates of health coverage. Learn more...
People who need insurance now, and think they may be eligible for Medicaid, should apply. Medicaid is always open for enrollment.
Some people who apply for Medicaid may be told that they make too much money to qualify. Those individuals and families can apply to the Marketplace, even if they were told earlier that they did not qualify. Our navigators can help with this process.
Have questions or need help applying for an exemption? Give us a call: 1-855-274-5626. we are available to help with no fee to you.
PMHCA is also available, in the Central Pennsylvania area, to provide informational sessions both as outreach to organizations and groups or one-on-one to individuals. To schedule a navigator to speak to your group or visit you in the community, call PMHCA at 717-564-4930. Not in Central Pennsylvania? Give us a call and we will put you in contact with a navigator in your area of Pennsylvania.
Call a Navigator
There is no cost to you for Navigator services.
For assistance with applications, you can call 1-855-274-5626 (press 2 for Western PA, 3 for Central, 4 for Eastern Pennsylvania). If you are uncertain about which navigator to choose, any of us can help you. There is no fee to you for any service provided by the Navigators. Language interpreters are available. Or email the navigator in your part of the state:
- Western Region Navigators. Counties served: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland.
- Central Region Navigators. Counties served: Adams, Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Snyder, Somerset, Union, York.
- Eastern Region Navigators. Counties served: Berks, Bradford, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Montgomery, Monroe, Northampton, Philadelphia, Pike, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Wayne, Wyoming.
- La Ley de Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio: Recursos para los Consumidores
- Calculadora de subsidios: Asistencia con las primas en el Mercado de Seguros Médicos
Join the PMHCA Email List
For more information contact Lynn Keltz, Executive Director of Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers' Association at 717-564-4930.
In the News
- Smart Talk: Open enrollment for health insurance deadline Sunday, January 27, 2016
- News Release (September 8, 2015)
- Navigator Announcement News Release (October 1, 2014)
- Behavioral Healthcare article written by Julie Miller, Editor in Chief of Behavioral Healthcare. Behavioral health helpers gain Navigator grants. Published October 1, 2014.
- Money for next Obamacare push flows into Pennsylvania and Harrisburg, by David Wenner. pennlive.com
This Marketplace Insurance Navigator Program is made possible through a consortium of Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers’ Association, Mental Health Association in PA, and Mental Health Association of Westmoreland County. Funding is provided by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services, Department of Health and Human Services.