Leadership in Recovery Program
The Leadership in Recovery Program (LIR) is geared toward cultivating consumer leadership and expanding leadership opportunities in local, regional, and state areas.
Through regional and educational training opportunities and peer support, the LIR program builds and strengthens effective consumer representation in Pennsylvania. The trainings focus on moving recovery forward for individuals and communities, while transforming existing mental health systems.
What options does Leadership in Recovery offer?
- Community Support Program (CSP)
- Overview of Psychiatric Advanced Directives
- Train the Trainer for Psychiatric Advanced Directives
- Recovery Chats
- Consumer grassroots trainings and networking
- Regional and state systems advocacy
Goals of Leadership in Recovery:
- educate and empower consumers to participate in systems change
- create regional opportunities for peer networking and leader support
- establish effective consumer representation on committees, workgroups, and boards
- fulfill the missions and visions of PMHCA through the empowerment of leaders in recovery
Leadership in Recovery Resources
- Recognizing Grassroots Leaders - a collection of influential leaders who shaped our movement and our community
- Grassroots Leadership - a PowerPoint on grassroots leadership and developing a grassroots advocacy plan
For more information, contact Pat Madigan, Director of Technical Assistance and Training toll free at 800-887-6422 or 717-564-4930.